Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contextual "Encode Selected Audio/Video file" not showing

A cool built-in feature of Lion is the ability to encode/convert audio and video files with the built-in mpeg-encoder. Available from the contextual menu (right-click) on some audio/video files. But several users do not see this contextual menu, nor did I. From the preference pane for services – in Finder go to the Finder menu > Services > Preferences – I see all kinds of services; but no audio nor video conversion services …

From http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/30/convert-audio-to-m4a-mac-os-x-lion/ I found a solution, but it is still a bit odd ...

In short I had to copy both “Encode Selected Audio Files.workflow” and “Encode Selected Video Files.workflow” from /System/Library/Services/ to /Users/{my only user}/Library/Services/ (to a start inside /Users/{my only user}/Library/ there wasn’t any Services-folder)

But – in the Preference pane only the Audio workflow is shown. Odd. And in English, all other services are translated in to the language of my Lion (Danish). BTW I upgraded from Snow. And only have one user account.

And – the contextual menu item/text for the Audio service is in English, for the Video service it is in Danish. Odd.

And – the text on the interface/window of the workflow for the Audio converter is in Danish, for the Video converter it is in English. Odd.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 1:49 AM

There are no replies.

Contextual "Encode Selected Audio/Video file" not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.