Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows trying to set up as new computer again?

I booted into Boot Camp so I could get some work done, and this screen showed up User uploaded file

I have used Windows plenty of times on my Mac, and I don't know why its doing this again. Safe mode won't bypass it. I can't ask the Microsoft community, as everytime I ask something there, no one replies. Does anyone know about this?

MacBook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.7), iPad (4.3.3), CDMA iPhone 4 (4.2.8)

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 11:01 AM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2011 11:32 AM in response to gatortribe

The reason is you don't supply any or enough details.

Low on disk space is possible.

Booting from your (Windows) DVD should be #1 and goes "without saying" that you would have tried.

Backup(s) and system image, as well as clone Windows partition, or even the whole hard drive.

What you last installed.

"First Use" suggests the user account(s) are gone, damaged, Windows can't write to it - I had that happen once so now I almost always on all PCs have two admin accounts and one or two general purpose standard accounts/guest account.

See how much disk space Windows has free while in Mac OS.

Install demo of Paragon NTFS so you can do more than read-only.

Boot from Windows DVD.

A backup and recovery plan and strategy.

Aug 9, 2011 11:45 AM in response to The hatter

I have about 20 GB free for it, and It still shows Owner(my account) and Administrator under the Users folder. I think I'm just going to backup my important stuff, and create another account to get this to go away. I did a hard shut down before, because it locked up on me, and I got file system corrupt errors, but the check disk seemed to get rid of problems. Also, I already have Tuxera NTFS, which I think is the same.

Aug 9, 2011 11:49 AM in response to gatortribe

This is a known problem in Win7 and Vista, your profile can not be loaded, it's probably not gone but it's not real easy to restore either, do this:

Allow the boot to continue until you get to the desktop, delete all profiles except the one you want and the administrator profile, reboot, enter password for your profile at the login (assuming your user name appears) and you should get back to your profile, it will be a slow startup.

If that no workeee, reinstallation is the most reliable fix.

Windows trying to set up as new computer again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.