Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to auto-refresh delegates?

Obviously, iCal is not able to automatically refresh delegated calendars. This is bad enough. However, I can not find a solution that would solve this. The best I have is an AppleScript to 'simulate' Cmd-R every now-and-then:

tell application "iCal" to activate

tell application "System Events"

tell process "iCal"

keystroke "r" using {command down, shift down}

end tell

end tell

This of course brings iCal to the foreground whenever the script is run. As I want to run this script about every mintues, this would completely destroy my workflow!

- Is there a better option to get iCal to refresh delegated calendars than this script?

- If not, does anyone know how to execute this script such as iCal is NOT brought to foreground (and I can keep writing text in Pages for example withouth explicitly noticing the udpate?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 11:18 AM

3 replies

Aug 14, 2011 8:00 AM in response to phibo

I'm having the same problem although it looks like you're not on 10.7. I have quite a few delegates and if they modify or remove their appointments it never updates on my end. The only fix is to select their calendar and manually force it to update from the server. Have you contacted Apple about this yet to see if this is a bug or god forbid a "feature" of the new iCal. I have to think that it will be addressed in the next 10.7 update but I'm not sure they consider this a bug at this point.

I'll be contacting support tomorrow and if you havn't already done so then you should do the same.

How to auto-refresh delegates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.