Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before the 'redesign,' these support forums were slow, but often useful.

Now they are slow and completly unusable.

Apple needs to fire whoever was responsible for this, unless unusability was the goal.

Agree?

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 8:49 PM

9 replies

Aug 10, 2011 5:55 AM in response to snifflesniffle

You do get used to most of it. But even after all this time I find these forums significantly more tedious to use. Quite frequently when I do a search for an issue I wind up looking at posts from years ago without realizing it. Since I now am very aware that this happens I'm more careful about selecting posts to read but again it's more tedious. Probably not much use in complaining because I don't think we'll see a change. One thing though that I would really like to push for is a separate app for the forums for mobile devices. On an ipad or iphone these forums are extremely tiresome to use. I frequent another forum called DBS Talk that covers cable, satellite tv issues. On mobile devices that site was difficult to use. They came out with a separate app that greatly simplifies their forums. This is one thing Apple should really do!

Aug 10, 2011 10:33 AM in response to AppleZilla

I agree with you.

Technically, you should add almost | nearly | virtually … unuseable. 😉

Here are a few problems ( They have been reported before. ) Would be nice if Apple acknowlged that they recognize them as problems.

Cannot edit on the iPad! I thought Apple products were supposed to work together seamlessly.

Lots of navigation errors. Who know where you go when you sign in?

Doesn't use Mac OS spell check when prior version of forums did except in html view. Great consistancy.

Cannot resize input window in the horizontal direction.

Input window runs off the right of the window on my small display.

No autosave on simple input window.

Great inconsitancy in panel layouts. Edit function doesn't appear at the bottom of post on first post.

etc.

Robert

Aug 11, 2011 11:39 AM in response to AppleZilla

Also, I get logged out if I leave the site for more than a few minutes.

Any interaction with the server for the forum software will reset the logout clock.

Firefox:

Opera

Opera includes a reload function.

Safari

Look at post number 17 by NaOH

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=41358

Before the 'redesign,' these support forums were slow, but often useful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.