Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I use Versions or AutoSave?

When I open Pages and go to a document and try to move my mouse cursor over the title and click the arrow that would show me versions, there's no arrow! I'm pretty sure my software is up to date and everything, so any suggestions?

Pages '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 11:03 AM

4 replies

Aug 18, 2011 12:32 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

I have the same issue as "jakehh".

I have Pages '09 (version 4.0.4 [614]). My OSX is Lion 10.7.1.

I go into the App Store and click on buy Pages and it says Pages is already installed on my computer! The exact wording is: "We couldn't complete your purchase. Pages is already installed on this computer. Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to check for available updates." I have run "Software Update" a number of times and it says my computer is up-to-date! I am stumped. I can't buy the upgrade to 4.1 from the App Store and cannot upgrade it through the "Software Update" function.

There is nothing different in Pages since my upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard. The window title cannot be clicked. I have hovered over the title, clicked, double-clicked, etc. Nothing. Although I haven't tried testing this fully in Number or Keynote yet, I get the feeling it will be the same issue because I don't see a fullscreen icon in the top-left corner and clicking on those apps in the App Store results in the same msg from the Store --> "We couldn't complete your purchase."

I have attached some screenshots to help.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this issue.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aug 18, 2011 2:42 PM in response to LookingSkyward

If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. If you installed from the downloaded trial or the retail box, they must be in the iWork '09 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '09. If it doesn't have the '09 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.

If you purchased from the Mac App Store, you must leave the applications where the installer put them.

User uploaded file

Why can't I use Versions or AutoSave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.