Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find the Media browser folder

Hi guys hey where can I find the media browser folder if I want to delete some FCPX videos to free up some space.

iPhone 4 16 GIG, iMac 27 inch i7 quad core 12 gigs of ram,, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 1:25 PM

4 replies

Aug 10, 2011 2:42 PM in response to Switch900

It's called Final Cut Events. It'll be on your system drive unless you specifically configured it to be elsewhere.

You can, however delete media files directly from the Events Library in FCPX. I'm finding it best to learn to use the application to manage media files instead of messing around in the folders themselves.

Aug 10, 2011 6:41 PM in response to Jeaux

I agree completely with Jeaux. The event folders in Final Cut Events can contain entire media files, but only if your prefs are set to copy the media to the event folder upon import. If not then FCP X puts an alias/shortcut in that event folder that points to the media file wherever you have it stored elsewhere on your computer. The more I have looked into this, the more I think it may be a mistake to simply try and manage your FCP X files from Finder. Best Wishes.

stephen

Aug 10, 2011 10:23 PM in response to still_learning

I think the question is not being answer correctly, I have share some of my movie projects or video projects using the share section in FCPX what I have done is gone to SHARE/MEDIA BROWSER/APPLE DEVICES/DVD/BLU RAY/ETC ETC, well the part where it says Media browser I have render or export some of my movie clips there but I cannot find the folder where those files are, I can only see them when I open iDVD, or iMovie, GarageBand but where is it located in the hardrive.

Thank you if someone could help me with this.

Aug 11, 2011 3:30 AM in response to Switch900

They are placed inside the project folder, in a folder called "Shared Items." The default location of the project folder is in your Movies folder, called "Final Cut Projects." On an external drive, the "Final Cut Projects" folder is at the top level.

The shared file will have a name that starts with the project name, and ends with whatever you shared it to. For example, "<projectname > - Mac and PC.mp4"

There will also be a file called ShareStatus.plist in that folder. It tracks all the instances of when you share the project. I will also control whether a little icon appears next to your project name in FCPX. Finally, if you delete an item that was shared and it still exists in that .plist file, you will see an exclamation point next to the shared icon; it is harmless but to get rid of that you need to delete the entry from the .plist file.

Hope this helps!

where can i find the Media browser folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.