Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Symbol On Boot

Hello,

Thank-you for taking time to try and help me. I have an Intel-based MacBook. I am not sure what model it is, but here are the hardware specs. 1G RAM, 120G HDD, CD/DVD Drive, 13.1/in Screen, built-in iSight. Every so often, something goes wrong with my hard drive, I am used to it, I do alot of expirimenting and such, so it comes with the knowledge. Usualy when this happens, I just pop my Install Disc into my drive, boot, and re-install. Well, this particular time, upon booting, I get the universal 'NO!' symbol. At first I thought that I would just retry, but alas, that dang symbol appeared again. So I got a new disc, Still, it told me no. I reearched, and found startup keys to reset my PRAM, NVRAM, SMC, and PMU. I did all of that, still, NO!.It is not because the the computer it to new, the computer came with Leopard, and that is what I am trying to re-install. It is not the drive, I booted perfectly from a Linux LiveCD, that is what I am using now. I have tryed booting from a USB PenDrieve,same thing. No, yet Linux will work. This is my only Mac, so I can not attempt TDMode. Can someone PLEASE help me! Linux is fine, but all of my video training is with Final Cut, and all of my WebDesign comes from Adobe Dreamweaver, which is not availiblt to Linux, and my printer won't work from Linux. PLEASE!!!

-J

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 2:02 PM

There are no replies.

No Symbol On Boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.