Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My address bar has disappeared in Safari 5.1 - not the same issue as discussed elsewhere in Forum

My address bar has disappeared in Safari 5.1. When I click "Customize Toolbar" to fix it, the Home and arrow buttons become unusable--they just click but nothing happens.See image below.

User uploaded file

I have to close the window and open a new one to get the buttons to work, but the address bar does not return.

I am running OS 10.6.8.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 3:16 PM

Sorry, can't view the image. Try reformatting to JPG.

Re the toolbar. Since this issue started after the 5.1 update, could be a third party Safari add on that was compatible with the prior version of Safari but not 5.1 that's preventing the Toolbar to load correctly.

Read here > Safari: Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2011 3:16 PM in response to Whalie

Sorry, can't view the image. Try reformatting to JPG.

Re the toolbar. Since this issue started after the 5.1 update, could be a third party Safari add on that was compatible with the prior version of Safari but not 5.1 that's preventing the Toolbar to load correctly.

Read here > Safari: Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Aug 10, 2011 4:13 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Ok, I followed the instructions regarding 3rd part add-ons and the problem persists. Here is a little more info: when I click "Customize Toolbar" the toolbar becomes customizable, that is, I can remove the arrows and home screen by dragging them off the window. However the window with all of the options does NOT appear so I am stuck with nothing. I looked in all of my spaces and used expose but the window is nowhere to be found.

My address bar has disappeared in Safari 5.1 - not the same issue as discussed elsewhere in Forum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.