Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retro 68000-based Mac request

Would it be possible to get the assistance of a few people that are familiar with older macs and even Apple ][ computers. I recently published a retro computer site and I need someone to verify that I have the correct informaiton.

http://retrogameandcomputer.com/apple-retro-computers.php

Thanks,

Simon

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 7:21 AM

Simon,

Nice work. There are some simple corrections that could be identified by email conversations. The first typo is:

"The Apple 1 require some assembly, which required some electrical knowledge." Should be 'required.' Paragraphs eight and nine also have minor corrections.

Look up my email under my profile and contact me. We have all of these old computers for educational reference. Where in the world are you? Name of a large city near you is sufficient. If you are not already part of an Apple User Group, you should be.

Ji~m

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2011 7:21 AM in response to sdyates

Simon,

Nice work. There are some simple corrections that could be identified by email conversations. The first typo is:

"The Apple 1 require some assembly, which required some electrical knowledge." Should be 'required.' Paragraphs eight and nine also have minor corrections.

Look up my email under my profile and contact me. We have all of these old computers for educational reference. Where in the world are you? Name of a large city near you is sufficient. If you are not already part of an Apple User Group, you should be.

Ji~m

Aug 12, 2011 9:29 AM in response to sdyates

It does not matter what Bill said about 640k. What matters is what Bill did. He locked the 640k limitation in so tight that even with Windows 95 you had some remnants of 640k limitations. In 1987, with the announcement of the Mac II with 64meg of RAM and 16.2 million colors, the other guys paniced and announced other options that would soon be available on a PC. Forget that those promises took over a year to fulfill.

I was shopping for computers during all those years and even in 1995, I still had to deal with high mem/low mem swaps for some software.

Want printed proof of what could be done with 64 meg of RAM on a Mac II in 1987? Look for an article in Mac Week about FoxBase recompiling their dBase style database code to run on the Motorola chip in a RAM drive. FoxBase started programing for the Mac on the very next day.

You make lots of money by convincing a lot of people that you have the cheapest product. Take Vista, take the consumer for a ride.

Retro 68000-based Mac request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.