Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any idea when Lion will become functional?

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but so far Lion:

1) Makes me restart my computer almost every time I turn the computer on (after showing some scary message)

2) Killed my external memory (backup)

SEE http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?page=1&NewLang=en&D ocId=219975

3) Killed my labelwriter

SEE http://dymo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1915

(repost- first posted in wrong fourm)

arrghhhhhhh!

Imac / MacBook Pro / Iphone 3G

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 5:27 PM

8 replies

Aug 10, 2011 5:58 PM in response to modustollens

A specific model? I have a Seagate in my 2009 MBPs that works fine. iMacs came with WD drives. I have Seagates in my MP in Florida.

I do know users have reported problems with Seagate's external drive systems, but I don't think that's a drive problem but an enclosure problem.

Whatever the problem you are having with your external drive I've no solution.

Aug 10, 2011 6:00 PM in response to modustollens

Makes me restart my computer almost every time I turn the computer on (after showing some scary message)

If you're interested in trying to solve the problem, launch the Console application. Under "System Diagnostic Reports," you may see one or more panic logs. If so, select the most recent one and post the contents.

Killed my labelwriter

Broken link. DYMO has released a Lion-compatible version of its software.

It may be worth bearing in mind that you chose to be an early adopter. That means you started running Lion before a lot of third-party software had been updated for compatibility with it.

Aug 10, 2011 6:07 PM in response to Linc Davis

I agree completely- as an early adopter I accept my share of the blame... and as I posted on a discussion regarding whether to recommend Lion or not question

"NO, However Lion is an Apple product- NOT a Microsft product. I think it was a premature release, but unlike the other company Apple will fix all the bugs and eventually the OS will stabilize."

I'll pull the log when I get a chance and post.

THANK you for offering to help me the issue, it is appreciated

I'm as mad at myself as I am at anything else

Aug 10, 2011 10:18 PM in response to modustollens

I don't like the implication I'm an idiot,...

Huh? There was no such implication. "killed my hard drive" could have meant "fried it from further use" for all I know. Why would I know if its been all over the forums? I don't have any HD problems with Lion.

I was, however, just trying to be helpful by giving you info on how to revert back to SL if the problem was compatibility.

So much for trying to help folk...

Any idea when Lion will become functional?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.