Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Mac OSX Lion client on the new Mac Mini Server?

If Apple would have had the quad-core processor option for the non-server Mac Mini, I would have just bought that, but I wanted the quad-core. I do not, however, need the server software. I found this article talking about how to disable the server functionality, but this article highlights how little that method actually does.

Ultimately, I just want to do a clean reinstall like I used to do prior to Lion. This process used to be so easy. Create a disk image of the desired operating system on USB, option boot, and you're done. Now it appears that Apple purposely impedes this process, as every time I boot from the USB I created with Mac OSX Lion client, I get a circle with a line through it. Is there any way around this restriction? Editing firmware, editing .plist files, etc?

Very disappointed that Apple is limiting what used to be such a simple process on Hardware and Software that I paid for but now can't get the functionality I want.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 5:26 PM

1 reply

How do I install Mac OSX Lion client on the new Mac Mini Server?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.