Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

soundsticks don't work in os x lion

SInce I upgraded to Lion, my HK Soundsticks do not appear in the Sound preference panel. These are the original USB speakers. Anyone else having this issue?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 8:05 PM

32 replies

Oct 11, 2011 9:49 AM in response to markryan0

I actually have the sound sticks III and have a problem using them with a new imac I5 running the latest version of lion. The III's use a 3.5mm plug into the headphone jack. I have sound and can control it from the imac but the volume buttons on the front of the satellite speaker will not work. I can plug them into my mbp I7 running safari and they work fine. Also work fine on my iphone 3gs and ipod. I think the problem is lion.

Nov 18, 2011 4:57 AM in response to markryan0

I have the same issues with the orginal Soundsticks. I have gotten them to work by unpluging the USB connection and rebooting. Sometimes it takes a couuple of times and I have even changed the USB port but eventually, I can get them to work. I can't isolate the exact routine but it seems to be related to un plugging and replugging the USB connection and rebooting.

Dec 9, 2011 9:43 AM in response to markryan0

Soundsticks stopped working with Leopard and Snow Leopard years ago... some people can still get it to work. This has been all over the internet for many years and HK just says that is all up to Apple. We all know they work perfectly some of the time. (which means to me... that they could work ALL the time) Apple, I guess, dosen't want to fix it. No profit in making great old equipment work through upgrades.

soundsticks don't work in os x lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.