Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant print text with my Canon LBP5050. Is it a setting I need to change?

Im completely lost, is there any setting I can change either on my mac itself or under printer settings without having to reinstall the driver? If i give my text outlines in Adobe ID then it prints, but everything else... from word to preview wont print text.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 1:29 AM

Canon released the CAPT v3.31 driver to resolve the problem with text not printing. They also recommend you trash the existing CAPT driver before installing this later version. So you will need to remove the printer from Print & Fax and then open Finder and navigate to HD > Library > Printers > Canon and trash the CAPT folder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2011 1:29 AM in response to charne

Canon released the CAPT v3.31 driver to resolve the problem with text not printing. They also recommend you trash the existing CAPT driver before installing this later version. So you will need to remove the printer from Print & Fax and then open Finder and navigate to HD > Library > Printers > Canon and trash the CAPT folder.

I cant print text with my Canon LBP5050. Is it a setting I need to change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.