Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After HP driver update i can not print on photopaper any more

Help, can not print on photopaper any more, after HP-Printer-Update

Before printing was just fine, on my HP Photosmart Pro B9180. After the update all prints on photopapers are drowning in ink. Printertest works fine.

How can I delete the new driver? Just instaling the old one had no effect.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:42 AM

10 replies

Aug 12, 2011 9:14 AM in response to sig

It sounds exactly like my problem: until last week everything was fine, since the driver update, I print and the photo comes out completely black soaked with ink. If I turn the photo a little ink runs off of the paper. Also, I cannot access my icc profiles anymore either. I thought it was a glitch and tried to restart but it's not that.

Aug 13, 2011 11:16 AM in response to Joerg Rose

Hi Jeorg, what finally worked for me was to go into my sysyem preferences, then to print/fax and I removed the printer and re-added it into my printers. I hope you and I get some help on this issue since the update came through Apple's software updater and has essentially crippled my ability to print.

I did a bit more tinkering with my setup. Try going to System Preferences > Print&Fax and remove the printer and re-add it and try printing. This seemed to work for the time being.

After HP driver update i can not print on photopaper any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.