Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bulk update master file location?

HI all,

My masters are being held on a volume as referenced masters.

I recently had to move my images to another volume. Now Aperture thinks they are all missing. I've tried copying some back to a spare image with the same volume name as the original volume, but Aperture sees through that and still thinks they are missing.

Any ideas how to bulk update the volume of where masters are located?

I have tens of thousands of images so doing them one by one would be - rather slow!

ciao

Derek

MacBook Pro 17, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 6:49 AM

Filter Photos for Images with missing Masters, select them all, and then use "File → Locate Referenced Files".

Select an Image from the top list, and match it to a file from the bottom list. Click "Reconnect All".

All file operations on Masters should be done from within Aperture. No file operations on Masters should be done using Finder. To move your Masters, use "File → Relocate Master ...".

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2011 6:49 AM in response to drekka

Filter Photos for Images with missing Masters, select them all, and then use "File → Locate Referenced Files".

Select an Image from the top list, and match it to a file from the bottom list. Click "Reconnect All".

All file operations on Masters should be done from within Aperture. No file operations on Masters should be done using Finder. To move your Masters, use "File → Relocate Master ...".

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Bulk update master file location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.