Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install OS X 10.6.3?

Hey,

I was trying to upgrade my mac from OS 10.4.11 to 10.6.3. After it fail I decided to to a clean install of 10.6.3. I have everything backed up. But it still fails,instalation CD boots, I select language and I get an error message like OS X can't be installed on this computer. I tried formating my HD, did extended journal and erase, tried resizing partition. Not sure what else to try? Any suggestions. I have a intel mac, I am certain I have the specs to run snow leopard.

iMac

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 8:02 AM

If you're using the retail OSx DVD and your system meets these specs, it should work:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575

You can't use the DVD that came with another Mac, must use the retail DVD.

Regards,

Captfred

7 replies

Aug 11, 2011 8:03 AM in response to nathan_or_neddy

While booted from the DVD, select Utilities > Disk Utility from the menu bar. In the Disk Utility window, select your internal drive (not the volume icon below it), then select the Partition tab. Partition the drive with a single volume, using the default options. Then run the Installer. I'm assuming that you've backed up all your data, because this procedure will remove it.

Can't install OS X 10.6.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.