Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp freeze during Windows 7 x64 installation

A few days ago I upgraded to Lion from Snow Leopard. I formatted my machine, installed Snow Leopard, updated the system to 10.6.8 and then did the Lion install from the AppStore. I updated Lion, re-installed app my applications so I would see how much hard drive space I would have left, and then tried to install Windows 7 x64 Ultimate using Boot Camp. Everything seems to work fine until the machine reboots the first time. It will hang about 5 minutes later. I have left it running for 10 minutes and nothing happens. The progress counter (three dots to the side of the installation step) stop and the mouse cursor does not move either. I have tried with two different discs and get the same result. Also, I am able to install to VMWare Fusion with one of the discs so I know it is not the install media. Unfortunately, I only have 4 GB of RAM so I can't run VS under VMWare. Any idea what is happening? It worked just fine before with Snow Leopard.

- Mac Book Pro 13" (mid 2010)

- Intel Core 2 Duo

- 4 GB RAM

- OS X 10.7

- Boot Camp Assistant 4.0

- Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 8:00 AM

1 reply

Boot camp freeze during Windows 7 x64 installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.