Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad won't scroll in migrated account

I'm having migration issues with a new MacBook Pro and an account migrated from a Powerbook G4 running OS 10.5.8. On the new computer, when I am in an account created for the new Macbook, the trackpad works as expected. When I am in the migrated account, the trackpad has only minimal functionality. Clicks work. Scrolling and gestures do not. As this is my main data account (and the other is just for trouble-shooting), it's a bummer not to have the full trackpad.

Some history. The old computer had SideTrack 1.6 installed to operate its trackpad with scrolling. It won't work on Lion, and I have uninstalled this and restarted after migration. Unfortunately, that didn't help. The only other non-apple System Preferences panes are Flip4Mac and Growl.

Any suggestions of what I might do to restore full trackpad functionality?

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 9:28 AM

I browsed the SideTrack site but it offered little in terms of support. Sounds like there are still some remnants of SideTrack left that are interfering with the preferences. At least for scrolling, try this: Go to System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad tab > trackpad options.. button > Check scrolling.

Regards,

Captfred

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2011 9:28 AM in response to Kendall Dunkelberg

I browsed the SideTrack site but it offered little in terms of support. Sounds like there are still some remnants of SideTrack left that are interfering with the preferences. At least for scrolling, try this: Go to System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad tab > trackpad options.. button > Check scrolling.

Regards,

Captfred

trackpad won't scroll in migrated account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.