Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Destination/Project Name dimmed. How can I choose an existing project?

Using Aperture 3.1.3 on an iMac with SSD and HDD. Snow Leopard. Library is on SSD. My iPad is plugged into the Mac.

When I choose "Import", I can see two sources. The Mac and the iPad. No surprise there!

If I choose the Mac and drill down to a folder of images, I can choose any destination. Like a new project or by clicking on an existing one, choose it.

Here is the problem. If I try to import from the iPad, the destination says "New Project" and I can't change it, it is dimmed.

And the project name is "Untitled Project" and is also dimmed, so I can't change that.

Down the bottom next to the "Import Checked" button, it says "Import 10 files into a new project named "Jul 02, 2011""

That July date (not today's date) is also shown at the top of the panel where the iPad's images are displayed.

How can I get Aperture to let me choose where the import will go?

Aperture 3

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 9:42 AM

Seems like this Aperture 3: Photos are not split into projects by date when importing from iPad might be addressing your situation.

From my read it seems that you can't select projects on import from the iPad.

4 replies

Import Destination/Project Name dimmed. How can I choose an existing project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.