Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3gs white screen SOMETIMES help!!!!

Iphone 3gs screen works when first turned on, but if I hit the sleep button and turn it back on its always white. Do I need a new lcd or is this a software problem? I just restored it from being previously jailbroken.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 9:57 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2011 10:21 AM in response to Blitz34

The White Screen that arrises after pushing sleep button, or after iPhone sleeps on own is due to faulty Display LCD. A very poor workaround is in Settings>General>Auto-Lock>Never. But when you get or make a call and put the iPhone to your ear the screen will shut off and then White Screen. Also the Never Lock setting is a battery drain because you won't be shutting off your screen. You need to get a working Display LCD replacement.

Iphone 3gs white screen SOMETIMES help!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.