Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.PSD files in FCPX?

IN FCP 7 I could edit a logo in a .psd format as layers. Is this yet another feature no longer possible in FCP X?

MacPro (Tower), Mac OS X (10.6.5), Final Cut Studio

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 1:43 PM

12 replies

Aug 11, 2011 3:31 PM in response to Andy Drefs

If the logo has multiple layers and you want to animate the separtate layers in really cool ways, then Motion is ideal for this. There's a few more fathoms of depth to it, but for simple animations Motion is quick and fast. And if you need to use this again and again, make it as an FCP generator, and it will appear inside FCP's generator browser and can be applied any time you need it.

Aug 11, 2011 3:31 PM in response to Andy Drefs

In the other topic Tom Wolsky had god idea for me: I need just to hire an assistant to do what FCPx can´t! maybe that works for you to. The only thing he has to do is: to open Psd files and export every layer as single images and then import them in FCPx and then put them together. But hey The app costs now only 299.-! For the rest of the mony you saved, you can pay the assistent for one day.

Aug 11, 2011 11:45 PM in response to alifromköln

alifromköln wrote:

beleve me Tom I have assitance, but not for things which FCp made before automaticaly! Walt Disney will have the same problem whit FCx like me. But they have more then 2000 FCP suites. They will not accept that workflow, just like me! Every cheap app is doing that automatically but not imovie Pro, sorry FCpx!

Avid doesn't import PSDs as layers either. And where exactly does Disney put their 2000 FCP suites? I've been to Disney Studios. There's not room for 200 FCP suites let alone 2000. Hyperbole, thy name is: alifromköln.

Andy

.PSD files in FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.