Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotmail on iphone

Hi, how can i get my hotmail in my iphone 4?? I tried just like other mails like yahoo or gmail... but i cant. a message with something like POP3 appears.

How do i do?

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 2:23 PM

9 replies

Jan 23, 2012 10:58 PM in response to LukeFly

Just ran into this problem with my girlfriend. Apple has not updated their support article regarding this topic (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1694)

Hotmail, Live, MSN, etc allow password lengths greater than 16 characters but only recognize the first 16 characters as the password. iOS devices attempt to use all characters as the password resulting in an authentication error.

There are two options to circumvent this issue:

1. Enter only the first 16 characters in the password field on your iOS device (this worked for me).
  2. Change your password via the website to <= 16 characters then use this password on your iOS device.

Regards.

Jan 23, 2012 11:24 PM in response to gino19

Just ran into this problem with my girlfriend. Apple has not updated their support article regarding this topic (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1694)

Hotmail, Live, MSN, etc allow password lengths greater than 16 characters but only recognize the first 16 characters as the password. iOS devices attempt to use all characters as the password resulting in an authentication error.

1. Enter only the first 16 characters in the password field on your iOS device (this worked for me).
  2. Change your password via the website to <= 16 characters then use this password on your iOS device.

Regards.

Jan 31, 2012 8:25 AM in response to jfromuniversity place

jfromuniversity place wrote:

Regards.

Thanks a lot! I was struggling for many days. The option 1 worked for me too!

Jan 16, 2013 10:24 AM in response to gino19

The issue is with your hotmail account. Just sign in to your hotmail account on the computer and then goto account settings and then security info and delete any phone number's and alternate email address and then setup your account on the phone again. reset your phone. issue will be resolved. After setting up your email account you can reverse the changes made to your hotmail account on the computer. TRY IT. IT WILL WORK IF YOU ARE GETTING INCORRECT USERNAME OR PASSWORD error.

Regards,

Noel Carson

Hotmail on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.