Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimize compose mail window

Hi all. I'm looking to see if it is possible to minimze the "compose mail window", for example I want to compose an e-mail, while typing, I would like to go and see another e-mail to copy any data or text, but I can't go back to mail's main window. I have to save a copy of my draft, then copy and data from other e-mail and then re-open my draft and paste it. This was not an issue on the previous version. Is there something I can do to make it work?

Thank you

JC

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2012 7:09 AM

This is an issue if you are in full screen mode. If you get out of full screen mode you can go between composed mail and your inbox or other folders.

6 replies

Sep 20, 2013 11:50 AM in response to duncan e

I know this program has been out a while as has Full Screen Mode. But I never once associated this problem with the fact I had FS mode on. It was the most annoying thing I had ever dealt with. I was so close to ditching Apple Mail for MS Office 2011 Outlook. whew! dodged that bullet thanks to this observation. Thanks so much.

Jan 5, 2014 7:48 PM in response to duncan e

Thank you Duncan, I never associated this issue with full screen mode either. If it allowed you to search your email folders while composing an email it would make sense but the way it is now you have to save it as a draft and close the email before you can navigate away from it. Sure does not make much sense. I purchased PostBox as a remedy but PostBox does come with its own set of quirks and does not play nice with plug ins. Now that I have read your post I punted PostBox, $ down the drain, and returned to mail. I can live with mail not being in full screen mode even though I use full screen mode for all applications that supports it. Apple do need to have a major workover of their mail application. There is no way that mail can be used in a small business or a corporate environment but does ok as a personal email application. Thank you Joseph for raising this issue.

Minimize compose mail window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.