Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Both of my external drives no longer are accessible after upgrading to OS X Lion.

I recently upgrated to OS X Lion after using Snow Leopard and my two external hard drives, one a WD 1 TB My Book, and the other a Hitachi Media 500GB no longer are accessable. I can see both and use the "repair hard drive" options in Disk Utility but I can not access any files on the drives. This quite a hinderance because I have many important files on those drives that I need access to. I found a code for terminal that let me mount them temporarilly on my desktop but I can no longer find that code. Does anyone know the code?

And is there going to be a fix for this problem anytime soon? At least something temporary?

Thank you,

Jake

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Lion

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:01 PM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2011 4:04 PM in response to JakeKobrin

Also, I tried selecting Mount "drive" on both of them and both times it said that they couldn't be mounted, try first aid and then try again which I did two or three times. And they both have Mount Point : Not mounted and Format : Windows NT Filesystem (which is probably why it's not working in Lion though they worked just fine in Snow Leopard.)

Both of my external drives no longer are accessible after upgrading to OS X Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.