Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore to default theme

I treid to install the Amora Theme that uses an install file, it comes with the theme and the default theme install file but it dosnt work, i should have known it was not going to work because that was back from OS X 10.6 version of the OS and not Lion which im on, does any one know how i can take the theme off cause it didnt work, im including a picture of what my Finder frame and Chrome frame look like.

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 4:22 PM

30 replies

Oct 9, 2011 4:27 PM in response to Kriptex

Hello,

I´d like to thank you TechXero for the Original files. Now I still have to fix the icons on the top bar, but I think it will be easy.

Anyway, if you all guys having trouble getting this to work, just forget "Finder" to replace files. It´s not possible.

You need to use the "Terminal" to make this changes.

I don´t have enought time now to write EVERY simple step to get this done, but, I will try to make it clear.

Unzip the files posted by TechXero on your Desktop.

Open Terminal.

Type:

cd /~/Desktop/ [hit enter]

Now, you´re on the Desktop folder.

Type:

ls [hit enter]

You will se the folder´s tree, now you have to navigate to the folder which theme files are, it will possibly be something like:

/LionUIFix/

So, on the Desktop folder, now type:

cd LionUIFix

Now, you will need do copy the two .bin files to the System´s folder.

Once you are navigating to the LionUIFix folder, on Terminal, type:

sudo cp ArtFile.bin /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

It will ask for your Admin password, just type and hit enter.

And again, to the other needed file:

sudo cp SArtFile.bin /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

It will ask for your Admin password, just type and hit enter.

Restart your Mac and it´s done. At least the windows decorations and colors will be fine.

I´d like to thank again to the guys who have posted the Original Lion files.

A message to people who could have this tutorial done in 15 minutes, but, prefered not to do it, just because they are too cool for school: This is not nice. Maybe in a near future, you would need help.

Bye,

@FelipeBHZ - Follow me on twitter.

how to restore to default theme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.