Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does Logic Pro 9 store it's sounds?

I have a Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.6 and what I want to do is move Logic's library (including Jam Packs) over to my external hard drive. What I mean by the library is all the software synths, and effects, and maybe even the Apple Loops. Again, I don't mean the sounds that I would record myself. So is there a specific folder where all the sounds are located?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:52 AM

Hi

Unfortunately, Logic looks in several places for different types of data files. The easiest way to free up some space might be to move some of the Apple Loops to a different drive (note that you may need to reindex the Logic loop browser).

By default, Apple Loops are stored in Library:Audio:Apple Loops:Apple (30GB in here)

The Sampler Instruments (13GB) installed with the JamPacks are stored in Library:Application Support:Garageband:Instrument Library

I would not move these unless really necessary. You may have to re-link theSampler Instrument files with the Samples (Redmatica.com for Pro Manager makes this really easy).

Logic samples are installed in Library:Application Support:Logic (3GB)

Impulse Responses (by default) are now installed in Library:Audio (2GB)

Once again, the easiest way to free up some space is to move some of the AppleLoops. Anything else may well cause you more trouble than it's worth.

HTH

CCT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2011 12:52 AM in response to masterjj16

Hi

Unfortunately, Logic looks in several places for different types of data files. The easiest way to free up some space might be to move some of the Apple Loops to a different drive (note that you may need to reindex the Logic loop browser).

By default, Apple Loops are stored in Library:Audio:Apple Loops:Apple (30GB in here)

The Sampler Instruments (13GB) installed with the JamPacks are stored in Library:Application Support:Garageband:Instrument Library

I would not move these unless really necessary. You may have to re-link theSampler Instrument files with the Samples (Redmatica.com for Pro Manager makes this really easy).

Logic samples are installed in Library:Application Support:Logic (3GB)

Impulse Responses (by default) are now installed in Library:Audio (2GB)

Once again, the easiest way to free up some space is to move some of the AppleLoops. Anything else may well cause you more trouble than it's worth.

HTH

CCT

Where does Logic Pro 9 store it's sounds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.