You can only get service in the country where the phone was purchased, unless you go to an independent service shop. What happens when you connect it to iTunes on your computer, using a USB port directly on the computer (not a hub)? Does iTunes recognize it?
If it is in Recovery mode the only option is to restore it using iTunes. That is what that link describes.
Do this (which is contained in that link):
- Reboot your computer
- Log in to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges
- Launch iTunes
- Disable your antivirus and firewall
- Plug the iPhone cable into a USB port on the computer (not into a hub), but not into the phone
- Hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons on the phone until the screen goes blank, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button
- Connect the cable to the phone, and continue holding the HOME button
- Wait until iTunes recognizes the phone, then release the HOME button
- The phone will restore, unless it is broken or the cable is defective.
If you get an error message from iTunes post what the message and error number is.
If iTunes does not recognize the phone, completely uninstall and reinstall iTunes as described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925. Follow the instructions EXACTLY; do not skip any steps. Reboot when the instructions say to.