Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import problem with iproducer, contributor error

I am having a great deal of problems using itunes iproducers file import system.

I downloaded the example file, and have done my best to descipher exactly how to fill in the fields correctly (there is any decent documentations that I was able to find in regards to this).

I am currently getting and error that "Row 2 has a different number of contributor roles (1) than contribtuors (2)

I have tried to fix it but darned if I can figure it out, I have tried: John Smith in the name, with Author as role, and it throws the error. HELP!

I also have a question about the field marked "price tier" what does that refer to? I have it set as 1 since I do not know what else to put there.

I could manually enter the data yes, but I am attempting to upload 300+ ebooks, so getting the file import to work would be extremely helpful!

Thank you,

Amy

iBook, Mac OS X (10.6.1), estarbooks.com

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 5:42 AM

I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the guideline as closely as I can.

[EDIT]

I've fixed this!

iTP is actually spitting out the wrong error message. I tied to parse the example spreadsheet, and it gave the error that the ISBN13 column had a wrong identifier ("97313E+12" for example), which is how Excel displays ISBNs. Select the column with your ISBNs in, and format the cells to "Number, 0 decimal places".

Parses like a charm.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2011 5:42 AM in response to estarbooks

I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the guideline as closely as I can.

[EDIT]

I've fixed this!

iTP is actually spitting out the wrong error message. I tied to parse the example spreadsheet, and it gave the error that the ISBN13 column had a wrong identifier ("97313E+12" for example), which is how Excel displays ISBNs. Select the column with your ISBNs in, and format the cells to "Number, 0 decimal places".

Parses like a charm.

Sep 1, 2011 6:57 AM in response to Joe-AUK

Thank you! I could not figure it out and you were the first one to actually answer!

The ISBN problem was fixed, qhich then caused the author error to go away. Then I ran into a minor snag that the "Product Price" needed to be changed to "Product List Price". And it throws a Pricing error if there is a problem withthe date for some reason. Once I fixed the date to 2011 from 2015 it worked.

After all that it finally works!

Though you still have to manually add in the epub file and cover, but it is still faster than entering it by hand!

Thanks!

Amy

Import problem with iproducer, contributor error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.