Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing footage from camera

Many of the new sony camcorders no long have firewire capabilities. How does one download footage into Final Cut Pro using USB port?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 4:06 AM

8 replies

Sep 2, 2012 12:44 AM in response to GHS

we can drag and drop files off the camera drive using USB connection. However I have not found a way to get the mac to use the files. The AVCHD format needs to be interpreted by a driver or something which we have not found yet.

Sony provides PMB (a software interface) which we can work with on PC but as yet I can not get the mac version to function

Mk

Sep 4, 2012 3:07 AM in response to Shane Ross

I am appreciating the help guys, thanks

I have found that clip wrap will re-badge the footage and make it useable.

trouble is that there seems to be a duration limit to length of clip that can be wrapped by this utility

As yet I have not tried your advice of pointing the FinalCut importer at the whole folder structure of the recording. Just before I found your message I passed the camera on to another post guy. For the next few days I will not have access to that.

My local Sony guru reckons that FinalCutExpress 4.0.2 can do the import but my last hour of searching has not found an update to that version level.

thanks for your inputs

Mk

importing footage from camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.