7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2011 10:02 AM by TheSmokeMonster
Fabini Level 1 Level 1

I'm duffing it badly. Well, it's taking me time to get used to things, the mouse and unexpected files opening. I squeeze my mouse as I think. Screens often suddenly expand. Or I unconsciously flick my fingers about and a window scrolls up-down-left-right & bounces a little. Most of all, I am unnerved by the last file used in an application opens when I use that app again. This happens when the file was not even saved. I use TextEdit as a scribble pad all the time. It surprises me to find my last scribble back on screen. Then there is the wasted time of closing it and wondering where it goes. Then there is the problem I  have with entering a recurring (every other week) task in iCalendar. It appears thee to five times every week. I've started relying on my brain again for appointments. Turns out it works very well.

It's just a matter of getting used to it all again. It takes a little practice. I'll be back on my game again. Will Tiger?

Caio  - Fabini

• Colin Robinson Level 6 Level 6

Well here's one I can help you with

Screen Shot 2011-07-26 at 22.46.51.png

Make sure that box is not ticked.

Regards,

Colin R.

• TheSmokeMonster Level 4 Level 4

I use stickies which actually always saved your notes even if you didn't do it manually. more unobtusive.

Do you use any of the gestures on your mouse, or is it not a magic mouse? if it's not a magic mouse, you could try turning off your hot corners which you might not use but may be triggering when thinking. if it is a magic mouse, you could turn off the mouse gestures so when you squeeze your mouse the windows don't "expand".

you also might have the gesture for fullscreen apps on, which will make your screen move if you scroll far enough to the left and right with your mouse gestures.

look at hot corners in system prefs and tell yourself which ones you really like and then null out the rest.(hot corners now in mission control in system preferences.

This might help you with randomly moving/expanding windows.

• Fabini Level 1 Level 1

Colin & The Smoke Monster, thank you both for your input. Each is helpful. I made some system preference changes and my wandering fingers are not causing so many sudden screen shifts.

Now if Tiger can only make some simple changes to his short game ...

• Ziatron Level 4 Level 4
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops
    I Am To Lion As Tiger Woods Is To The PGA

What is a "Tiger Wood"?

I'm duffing it badly.

What is "duffing"?

This is tiger woods. Duffing is hitting the ball to where you didn't want to hit it. or other things. Fabini give helpful answers the mark they deserve. /___sbsstatic___/migration-images/159/15920472-1.jpg

• David Armstrong (SE) Level 2 Level 2

TheSmokeMonster:

Fabini give helpful answers the mark they deserve.

Naughty naughty, TOU last paragraph.

Screen Shot 2011-08-13 at 18.41.18.png

I was referring to colin's very helpful answer, but dually noted. sadly I can't edit this one but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Message was edited by: TheSmokeMonster