Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Use/Find Full Screen Mode

My understanding is there is supposed to be a full screen on/off icon in top right corner of page. I can not see or find one. Can anyone help?

Thnaks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:16 AM

10 replies

Aug 13, 2011 9:12 AM in response to azdawg99

So I guess Firefox won't show this feature? I thought the feature came with OS X Lion? I have found arrows appear in the top right and left corner (barely visible) that when clicked and held on reduces window size to what ever you want, either left/right or diagonal. Wasn't this feature in Snow Leopard?

Also when curser is hovered over the corner of top screen bar (constant above window), sorry probably not correct name, I get instant window minimize. Top right corner gets window minimize while top left minimizes with desk top showing. Is this the new feature in Lion?

Aug 13, 2011 3:12 PM in response to whyamac

Hi

1. So far, only "native" Apple apps like Safari, Mail, iTunes, iLife etc have the Full Screen feature. But third party apps are working hard to also have this feature.

2. In Snow Leopard and before that, you can only "scale" a window at the lower right corner diagoanlly. In Lion, in any window, you can "pull" and "scale" the window in any direction and in any size you want, top, bottom, left or right independently, or still scale diagonally by pulling the corners.

Press Option key, you pull both sides evenly, side or top/bottom.

Press Shift key, you scale the window proportionally.

3. I don't think that is a new feature, been there. Go to System Preferences > General, in the middle portion, there is a check box "Double-click a window's title bar to minimize"

Cheers

Aug 14, 2011 5:40 AM in response to Colin Robinson

🙂 Colin, I got used to using it b/c I remove all the toolbars, sidebars, pathbars etc

I have to remember keyboard shortcuts. I like to keep my windows pretty small so I can have a lot crowding each desktop. 😀

I did notice Firefox did not have the double-end arrow but honestly I'm just hoping 6 will fix the crashes that seem to be happening a lot lately..hopefully

g'day

Can't Use/Find Full Screen Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.