Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Wifi

Macbook 10.5.8 won't connect to my 2wire U-Verse router. It says connection timeout, or if it does connect it says 'self assigned ip address' and it won't load any web pages. I've deleted the preferred networks, deleted the plst and deleted it out of the keychain. I took of the password on my wifi and it had the same problem. I've had it set to wep, wpa and wpa2. I've reset the pram as well. It connected last night when my PC and iphone were shut off, but it dropped quickly. I've rebooted, reset just about everything. The macbook will connect to other wi-fi, and my other computer (PC) will connect to the 2wire. I've tried resetting the DHCP in the airport settings as well as empyting the cache in the terminal. I've been all over the internet and all I find are forums of questions about this and people posting they are having the same problems and never any answers. Someone PLEASE HELP

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 8:41 AM

8 replies

Aug 13, 2011 11:03 PM in response to BDAqua

Okay, I reset my router, which didn't work, we came home and it started working randomly. My wife had went through the diagnostic thing and it started working. Well I couldn't log in to the router to change the name. So after unplugging power and booting back up with no success, I reset the router again. Turns out this router has some "protected setup" crap that no one felt the need to explain nor can i find much about it online. Well I changed the name, then tried to set it up on my wife's mac so it was working again for in the morning, but it wouldn't connect again. I messed with the protected setup thinking that was what it was. Then I noticed I was on channel 1 on my router, previously was on channel 5. Well I tried channel 4 cause I couldn't remember if it was 4or5, well 4 didn't work so I tried 5 and BAM it started working. *** is that all about?!?

Macbook Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.