Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bumpy battery - Late 2007 Macbook

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone has noticed a weird behaviour of their batteries with the late 2007 Macbook.

My battery still works but it has begun "shapeshifting".

It started being a little bumpy in the middle but now the bump is being more and more noticeable: you can even have the perception it is going to jump out from the MacBook.

On the internal side, as proof of the shapeshift, some "points" have appeared exactly in the area which is at contact with the metal-like plate as a result of

I'm getting worried, I would not like my MacBook battery to explode while I'm on a plane or something.

I began using it without battery but I cannot use it only as a "small desktop replacement".

So.. anyone with the same issue?

My best regards,

Maurizio

White MacBook (Late 2007), 4 GB DDR2, 320 GB HDD, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 10:05 AM

7 replies

Aug 14, 2011 2:45 AM in response to Maurizio Atzori

I was thinking that it might be - somehow - related to the battery charger too.

It never worked properly but I could not get it to be replaced (my fault I suppose).

Practically, it does not put the battery on charge unless I push it manually against the MagSafe port and keep it like that by using a pendrive, napkins, whatever it takes to slightly adjust the position of the connector.

M

Bumpy battery - Late 2007 Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.