Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm being asked to repeatedly authorize my account.

I know this has come up a lot on apple, and is a common complaint. I've deleted the sc folder, I've uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, rebooted, etc.

I finally got it to accept that I'd logged out as my email, and then logged in using the OLD account I used to purchase the music; my father and I shared accounts. I'd pay him in cash, and he'd buy the music for me, as at that age I didn't have a credit card or car to get to the store to get an itunes card. Now it's asking me to verify my account... with financial information. I'm now living on my own, have my own credit card, etc. and was the one who paid for this music, and I'm being told that I can't play it because it's DRM locked. I can't synch my phone or add my upcoming events or I'll lose hundreds of my songs that I legally paid for.

What's going on, and how do I fix this so I can re-synch my phone? Should I just delete the DRM locked songs and give up? I've browsed a lot of "help" sections for almost a week now, many of them are a year old or older, and I about to give up, because none of this has worked.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 10:00 AM

There are no replies.

I'm being asked to repeatedly authorize my account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.