Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1 Download window missing

For the general Safari users, and hopfully I am not being too cranky with this one, but...

Safari just made my life harder...

When I have no windows open, I can not see what Safari is downloading.

Why should I not be able to see what safari is downloading with no windows open?

The result is that at a point in using safari, I can not see my downloads without having to first open a window, then click on the downloads icon.

There is also no keystroke for downloads now, so the safari in lion has become harder to use, by forcing 2 clicks, over a keystroke.

Chrome has a download window and a keyboard shortcut...

This is a regression, is it not?

If you have any Safari app designer's ear, please ask them to consider a downloads window again.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13", Mac OS X (10.6.6), 1.86GHz 4GB

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 12:09 PM

7 replies

Nov 7, 2011 11:21 PM in response to Matt Hardy

I agree.

Apple please bring back the floating download window in safari - and allow it to sit outside (seperate) of the safari window as per the previous version. I have now had to switch to Firefox which is clunky and not prefered.

When dealing with hundreds of downloads per day, it's now impossible to monitor the status of multiple downloads. Our work flow revolves around having the downloads window open on a second display which is mirrored internally across several studios. Now I need to dedicate a staff member to check critical downloads, and re open the pop up each time a new download is triggered.

Everything else, perfect. Please reinstate the seperate window.

Safari 5.1 Download window missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.