Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for modified keys in external PC keyboard becoming deranged

fyi

I use my Dell external monitor along side with it USB hub to connect my Logitech wireless mouse and filco tenkeyless keyboard.

Recently, setting of the modifier keys had been insane, when I unplugged and replugged the hub to my MBP13 running OS X10.6.8.

Just reviewed the threads below and had tried the steps and yet not able to solve the issue completely.

However, I found the possible cause could be Logitech driver.

After installing the latest driver "LCC 3.4.0", the issue has been solved.

The mice receiver is shown as 'USB receiver' in modified keys setting , which was mis-recognized as 'unknown external keyboard' previously.

Now I can simply unplug the dell monitor togeher with peripherals and left my desk, and plug it to work on my return.

**for reference below****https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2133223

Changing modifier keys in keyboard preference pane has no effect

7399 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: 04-Dec-2009 05:10 bydavidlvann

Wade Hays 30-Aug-2009 01:05

I use a standard "windows" usb external keyboard. In 10.5 you could remap the "Command" and "Option" keys to match the "Mac" layout. In 10.6 the preference pane is still available, but no matter how you change the pop-up menus the keyboard layout is not changed. See http://iamwa.de/45

I have verified this to be the case with three different USB keyboards.

iMac C2D 1.86, Mac OS X (10.6), external usb keyboard

Correct Answer by mtrichardson on Sep 1, 2009 2:33 AM

I was just able to get this to work.

I had my keyboard plugged into my monitor along with my Logitech mouse, which was acting as a USB hub. I plugged my keyboard directly into my computer, making sure that my mouse was NOT also plugged in, and then switched the modifier preferences. It worked just fine. I set everything back up to how it was before and the preferences have stuck - the modifier key functions remain.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Filco tenkeyless MX Brown

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 3:02 PM

There are no replies.

Solution for modified keys in external PC keyboard becoming deranged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.