Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create stationary in mail

I have been trying to get stationaries to work in 10.7 Mail. Here is what I have so far...

1) I created a draft message with the desired format for my stationary.

2) I used the File menu's "Save as Stationary" item.

The new stationary is present when I display them in the toolbar of a message but if I double click it the message does not change to that format. The message will change to any of the preset stationary but not the one I created. This becomes especially frustrating since I cannot figure out a way to modify an existing custom stationary. It appears that I have to delete the one I have to save a new one with the same name.

I searched on the web and this forum for a tutorial on the new stationary feature but only found out how to do this for Windows 7.

MM

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 5:35 PM

Stationery seems to conflict with signatures. When you create a new message to save as stationery, be sure to turn off any signature. Then style the message and Save as Signature. Then, to use the stationery, make sure to turn off any signature before applying the stationery.

3 replies

Sep 23, 2011 10:52 AM in response to moofmama

I think I have sorted it 🙂

I found a load of very complex HTML editing tips on the forums but in fact it is really simple.

You build your 'template' as a WEB PAGE.... I am not going to tell you how to do that, but I used DW and you could use anything else to make it easier IWEB?

View or preview the webpage / template in SAFARI ... then "send it as mail".

This will call up your apple MAIL and from there you can save it as a template into a CUSTOM template folder which is at the bottom of the template list.

Once there.. you can you remove it by clicking the little cross on the top left. 😉

Jan 27, 2014 11:14 AM in response to etresoft

Hi etresoft,

I solved the conflict!

After creating a stationery from scratch, based on default ones, I used the process of elimination to determine what Mail is looking for to avoid the signature conflict. Alas, the only snippet of HTML the custom stationery needs is a span with contenteditable enabled!

<span contenteditable="true"></span>

If that code is at the end of a custom stationery HTML doc, there is no conflict! *applause*

You can create new message (signature enabled) and select the custom stationery no problem

Thank you

How do I create stationary in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.