Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know what the process 'Memeod' does?

My iMac is slowing down. I've zapped the PRAM & run applejack. It still seems slow. Using Activity Monitor, I happened to notice a process by the name of Memeod. Does anyone know what it does?

Thom

Intel iMac

Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB RAM

iMac, iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook., Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 8:01 PM

Do you have Memeo backup software installed, that maybe came with an external drive? A Google search pointed in that direction.

6 replies

Oct 8, 2012 11:32 AM in response to Dutchboy777

Hey thanks guys for having this discousion. I have the same issue and after two new logic boards with no fix this thread is huge to me.

I started using little snitch lite. What I have it do is at every startup any program that wants accsess to the internet is caused to notify me with a popup window asking permistion. I always say yes to everything but then today I saw Memeod requesting acsses, since I had no clue what it was I googled it and your thread was number one. I always love it when the first thread is quick, to the point and very helpful.

Cheers

-Josh

Does anyone know what the process 'Memeod' does?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.