Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enlarging Thumbnails

I have photos and video in files on my desktop I want to see enlarged. In Snow Leopard, you simply went to the bottom and moved the slider. What happened to that handy tool in Lion? Or is there a method to enlarging thumbnails I don't see? Any help most welcome.

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 11:59 PM

To enlarge files that are in Folders, open the Folder with the files/View/Show View Options

The same applies to files on the Desktop that are not in Folders. Click on the Desktop/View/Show View Options

You can also right click on files and folders and bring up Show View Options in the Contexual Menu

And you can use the Keyboard shortcut to bring up Show View Options with Command+J

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2011 11:59 PM in response to Peter Reznikoff

To enlarge files that are in Folders, open the Folder with the files/View/Show View Options

The same applies to files on the Desktop that are not in Folders. Click on the Desktop/View/Show View Options

You can also right click on files and folders and bring up Show View Options in the Contexual Menu

And you can use the Keyboard shortcut to bring up Show View Options with Command+J

Enlarging Thumbnails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.