Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard server - Manage clients automatic updated (help needed)

Hi,

I am battling to setup my clients to download updateds from the Snow Leopard Server on the lan.

I have the following setup:

Snow Leopard server 10.6.8 with open directory service, DNS, software update and many other services wich are all working. I can FTP from clients, calendar and address book all working fine. So I don't see problems in the server. All service logs shows correct status.

Clients, I can access the services on the server but I am not able to setup the download of updates from it.

I have two types of clients: Leopard and Lion. Not Snow Leopard but Leopard.

The server has a public address pippo.it and a primary zone server.pippo.lan. and everithing looks fine there.

In the workgroup, username, preference the softwareupdate is flagged as managed and the server to use is shown as http://server.pippo.lan:8080/index.suchcatalog

Can some one please help? What should I do on the clients using Lion or Leopard to make them downloading the updateds from the server? And how do I check that this is working?

Thanks for helping

Felice

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 1:41 AM

There are no replies.

Snow Leopard server - Manage clients automatic updated (help needed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.