Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are iphoto emailing templates stored

Hello everyone,

When I updated to iLife '09, something went wrong and the templates for emailing pictures directly withing iPhoto are corrupted (the layout is off and there is no background image).

No subsequent updates have fixed the problem.

I got two solution : reinstalling iPhoto… which is not so easy… or fixing the templates, but I can't find where they are stored (~/Library /Library or iPhoto.app/ ??).

If someone has the solution, thanks in advance and if someone would be kind enough to send me uncorrupted templates, that would be juste amazing !!

Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:15 AM

Re-installing is not difficult.

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

If you purchased it on the App Store you can find it in your Purchases List.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2011 7:15 AM in response to Franck Aerts Sarl 7 Club

Re-installing is not difficult.

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)

2a: On 10.5: Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name.

2b: On 10.6: Those receipts may be found as follows: In the Finder use the Go menu and select Go To Folder. In the resulting window type

/var/db/receipts/

2c: on 10.7 they're at

/private/var/db/receipts

A Finder Window will open at that location and you can remove the iPhoto pkg files.

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only.

If you purchased it on the App Store you can find it in your Purchases List.

Aug 15, 2011 8:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hello Terence,

I followed your advice, and reinstalled iPhoto.

I had red somewhere else you needed to extract iPhoto installer from the iLife '11 installer then many more steps to install it.

It went nice and smooth just following your very clear instruction. Thank you very much for taking the time to give me such a complete answer.

Thanks again.

PS : My mistake in my first post, it's iPhoto 9 and iLife '11

Where are iphoto emailing templates stored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.