Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error downloading Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Hi,

I'm trying to download of the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 but the file always comes corrupted.

I have tried the download from two diferent places but the error persist.

The downloaded file always have 1.7GB but the specified in the download page is 1.9GB.

And i get a error when i try to download by the Software Update.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

Reading More Like This links I see another users with the same problem.

I tried the download in another language (pt-BR) but the error persist.

Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 4:10 AM

2 replies

Aug 15, 2011 6:49 AM in response to Fabiano França

Hi,

Funny (though it wasn't at the time!) but I was initially experiencing the same problems: part downloads (file size mismatch) and download errors.

However, at the time I was accessing the same WiFi connection with a PC while I waited for the download.

Now, it shouldn't make any difference, I appreciate that, and I've downloaded items in the past where there was another 3 computers accessing the same wireless connection. In this respect It may be a coincidence.

However, after 4 failed attempts I decided to sever the link between the PC and the wireless connection (only allowing my Mac access) and I received the update with no issues whatseover.

If you also have multiple machines accessing the same wireless connection, it might be worth a shot.

Best

John

Error downloading Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.