Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stream movies to my MacBook Air?

Hello!

I have an iMac on which I have my movies library.

To stream the movies from my iMac to my iPad I use AirVideo which works great.

But I would also like to do that with my MacBook Air.

So, what is the easiest way to play my movies from the iMac on the Macbook Air?

I don't want to convert my movies or anything like that, I just want to be able to reach the movies folder on my iMac from the macbook.

Would highly appreciate some help!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 4:14 AM

4 replies

Aug 21, 2011 4:14 PM in response to MrYamakasi

StreamToMe/ServeToMe is a good solution for streaming between Macs and beyond your local network, i.e. through a router, but it just isn't necessary to use anything other than Mac OS to play music/video/etc. from one Mac on another if both are on your local network.

All that is required is to turn on file sharing on the host computer (where the physical files reside) using whatever security access you desire, access that Mac in Finder from your Mac and navigate to the file you wish to 'play'. You can then play it the same way(s)--Quicktime, iTunes, etc.--you would 'play' the file if it were actully on your computer.

I don't open up my network enough to ever allow ServeToMe/StreamToMe to work beyond my router and for my use playing the file is sufficient so I have no need of the pair.

How to stream movies to my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.