Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to remove REMINDERS from Mail 5.0 sidebar?

This is really bugging me. I have removed flags and have nothing under REMINDERS, yet, it still has Flagged as a subfolder in the sidebar. What I'd like to do is TOTALLY remove the REMINDERS. Any ideas on this? In Snow-Leopard, all you had to do was remove notes and restart and it was gone - no such luck here.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:38 AM

7 replies

Aug 23, 2012 8:45 PM in response to tcantafio

Yes, at least the following worked for me.

I had a similar situation where flagging one eMail message automatically created the "Reminders" mailbox on the sidebar with a "Flagged" section. Same thing with "Notes". I unflagged, deleted, also did the same thing with the note, and although it was empty (no note and no flagged message), the "Reminders" section along with "Flagged" and "Notes" sub-sections remained. I couldn't get rid of it. I came across the same issue on another discussion here, and someone suggested the following (I am pasting their response):

OK, I've got some good news for you. Go into your Applications folder and find the Mail.app folder. Drag it to the dock where you have your old mail dock. It will not place two mail icons in the dock, but what it will do is when you open up mail from the dock, it will mysteriously remove that annoying Reminders in your mailbox pane to the left.

You may have to open mail using the mail.app folder in your applications folder first before this actually works. All the rest of your mailboxes will be there, the only thing that is removed is the Reminders.

I tried it, and it worked for me. If it works for you, let me know, and I will include the link to the discussion, and the member who suggested it. Keep in mind that the member states the "Mail.app folder", there is no folder, it is just Mail.app.

In God's Harmony

Is there anyway to remove REMINDERS from Mail 5.0 sidebar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.