Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX Lion Bootcamp BSOD Cachemanager?

Well, my friend has a mac, and I want one too...

Anyway, I know more about computers than my friend, who has installed windows 7 ultimate from a disc and key I have given him. They are all legit. However, after following the guide, and installing bootcamp drivers, he was able to use windows 7 a few times using bootcamp. However, he has recently got a blue screen of death, saying cache_manager error of some sort. I have no idea what this is, being a windows user myself. I dug up some older questions about this, and found,

Rename the Apple HFS driver here:

windows/system32/drivers/AppleHFS.sys

to anything else. I did: windows/system32/drivers/AppleHFS_oldAndBuggy.sys

No more Cache_manager BSOD's, but you can now no longer read from your HFS drives. I don't care about that so this works for me.

This is from last year, but it has been said that apple would have fixed such a problem. So, what do you think?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 12:17 PM

I helped my friend do the above, and it worked. But shouldn't apple have fixed this, because this happened to people years ago.

2 replies

Mac OSX Lion Bootcamp BSOD Cachemanager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.