Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot empty the trash

Good morning,

• My father used Aperture 2.1.4 on his MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8. It was perfect.
  • After an upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.6.8), the function to delete an image failed: no message and no reaction when he choses to delete a file (using the menu or the keyboard shortcut).
  • After analysis, we note that the function works well if we chose to not have a confirmation message in the preferences. The cause of the problem seems to be the display of the confirmation's message (it never appears). But with this solution, an error can quickly be made.
  • We decide to upgrade to Aperture 3.1.3 (not only for this problem). Good news: the function allows to fill the new trash. Bad news: we have the same problem trying to empty the trash (the contextual menu is active but its execution does nothing). And with Aperture 3, we haven't an option to deactivate the confirmation.
  • I compare to the same function on my own Mac (same release of Aperture, under Lion actually but already used under Snow Leopard): when I empty the trash, a window appears and I can cancel or confirm. On my father's Mac, this message never appears!

Do you have any solution?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 7:14 AM

The problem has been solved 😀

I have seen an error Aperture Cannot load Interface Builder file 'NSAlertPanel' in the Console. This error is linked to the ProKit framework. The Mac of my father was equipped with 3 releases of this component : ProKit.framework, ProKit(Leopard).framework and ProKit(SnowLeopard).framework (into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks). I have deleted the 3 directories and (re)installed ProKit 7.0.

At the end, it works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2011 7:14 AM in response to Tiego

The problem has been solved 😀

I have seen an error Aperture Cannot load Interface Builder file 'NSAlertPanel' in the Console. This error is linked to the ProKit framework. The Mac of my father was equipped with 3 releases of this component : ProKit.framework, ProKit(Leopard).framework and ProKit(SnowLeopard).framework (into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks). I have deleted the 3 directories and (re)installed ProKit 7.0.

At the end, it works.

Cannot empty the trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.