Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect my iPad to apple tv

I can not connect my iPad to apple tv I go on to iTunes and I can't find home sharing can you help me ?

iPad

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 10:27 AM

Welcome to the Apple Communitty.

Homesharing is in the iTunes advanced menu, but it's Airplay that enables you to play content from your iPad to the Apple TV.

4 replies

Dec 27, 2011 5:06 PM in response to luke7963

G-day Luke

First make sure you have the latest version software on your iPad & iTunes.

Second, as Winston said, whenever you play music or video on your iPad you should be able to see an airplay icon on the right of your volume bar. Touch that & select your Apple TV. Like magic you will now be listening/watching your content on the big screen!

Next check out this link http://www.apple.com/itunes/remote/ it will explain how to use Apple Remote, a free app that lets you connect & control your Apple TV.

The Home Sharing feature is used for streaming your content from your iTunes library to your Apple TV. You need to enable it on both your computer & Apple TV. If you can't see where, check out help on iTunes, it will light the way!

Hope all this helps, I think Apple TV is a great addition to your home & I'm sure you will love it once it's up & running.

Connect my iPad to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.