Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update cannot connect

Guys, I have Lion on the MB Air and yesterday it just started giving me errors whenever I try to check for software updates... this was continuously happening for 2 days now and it also does the same on my iMac... this is the error I'd get:

"Software Update can’t connect to the update server. Make sure you’re connected to the Internet, and then try again."

It gives me the option to run Network Diagnosis which I did several times and it would find the connection with no issues. All this while I could connect to iTunes store fine and have full web access...

I've tried removing the softwareupdate.plist, setting up a new location in Network, even removing wifi connection and creating anew to no avail. I also have difficulty logging in to the Mac Appstore, I also tried changing my password but each time it'd just say connection failed and wouldn't let me log in at all...

Is Apple not liking me?

Thanks,

Jules

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:54 PM

Ignore me, Littlesnitch required an update 2.4.2 to work in Lion...

1 reply

software update cannot connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.