Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes error -200

iTunes fails to start up when I open it. When I open it I get the following error box, "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occured. (-200)" Anyone know what -200 is? Or how to fix it?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 10:23 PM

6 replies

Aug 19, 2011 5:37 AM in response to fredhag

The problem just disappeared on one machine. On my primary MBP, it is still a problem, but I also notice an error that appears in my browsers (Flash sound apps) and Blackboard Communicate (a webconferencing tool) that they can't connect to the speaker. One time, I got a message to disconnect my headphones, but I had none connected.

Aug 31, 2011 7:05 PM in response to kyle4

Experienced the same issues; iTunes won't open (error 200) and no sound with flashed based apps; with my Macbook (late 2009) after upgrading to Lion. Reset the PRAM and everything is working fine.

To reset the PRAM: Shutdown Mac. Hold down: Command, Option, P, R all at the same time, and press Power button. Keep holding down the buttons until Mac restarts and you hear the second startup chime.

Note: Make sure your software is up to date.

Itunes error -200

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.