Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archiving Projects on DVD`s in FCP X

I try to understand the ways to "archive projects" within the used events on DVDs

1) i want that only the used media in the final timeline (Project) is copied.

2) how can i minimize the data without corrupting the project -> deleting proxy and optimized media out of the folder before burning on DVD, so only the original media is there?

What is a easy way to do this, and later on to start the project without getting problems with lost media connections etc?

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 6:30 AM

There is no full media manager in FCP. You can use the duplicate project function to duplicate the project together with only the clips used in the project, but it will be the whole clips. Do not duplcaite the render files. Unless it's a very small project, and the original media is heavily compressed, it's unlikely to fit on a DVD.

P.S. Most likely you will not be able to do much editing later, just trimming, unless you have all the media.

Message was edited by: Tom Wolsky

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2011 6:30 AM in response to Kraut Cutter

There is no full media manager in FCP. You can use the duplicate project function to duplicate the project together with only the clips used in the project, but it will be the whole clips. Do not duplcaite the render files. Unless it's a very small project, and the original media is heavily compressed, it's unlikely to fit on a DVD.

P.S. Most likely you will not be able to do much editing later, just trimming, unless you have all the media.

Message was edited by: Tom Wolsky

Archiving Projects on DVD`s in FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.